1) Your ds' score on the Beery VMI is really low - 13% - did the evaluator say anything at all about why it might be so low?

This was attributed to perfectionism, but DS is not a perfectionist at all. He's quite the opposite, actually.

FWIW, you might want to google Development Coordination Disorder or Dyspraxia and see if anything you find there fits. There are quite a few symptoms of DCD that overlap with symptoms of autism.

Quite a bit fits, but as you've said, there's a lot of overlap with symptoms of autism. The parts that fit also fit for autism. confused

If the evaluator didn't say anything at all about the 13%, I'm really surprised. If it was a school evaluation, I wouldn't be surprised (here in my local district) because they usually require 7% or below to consider anything a challenge - is it possible that your evaluator was using school district guidelines for diagnosing an LD?

It was a very brief, "Here's this. He's a perfectionist, like most other smart kids." --Except that he's not, of course. It's possible the evaluator was using district guidelines, but I have no way of knowing.

ps - did the evaluator do any type of executive functioning tests?

The BRIEF-2 was given. I didn't initially post those results, but they're in one my other responses above.

Thanks very much for your feedback, polarbear! smile