Originally Posted by Irena
Thanks all. Just got back from meeting. I wrote an email yesterday telling them I was not in favor of them taking it away. The special ed coordinator emailed me back that she totally agreed. Today the OT pushed the issue but we stood firm and we kept the services. Thanks for the help and the reassurance!

I'm coming in late - but GREAT job Irena! I'm glad the team didn't agree with the OT smile

FWIW, 34 wpm is awesome for a kid with dyspraxia - it sounds like receiving help with AT from the OT is working really well for your ds! One note on science labs - it's true, as spaghetti has noted, that you can absolutely type your notes, you don't have to use handwriting in a lab notebook - ds hasn't ever done that. The only issue he's had with lab notes is not wanting to have his iPad with him while he's working on chem and bio labs where he's worried about accidental spills... so he does sometimes take lab notes using handwriting, but then has to transfer them to his iPad for writing his lab report.

I hope everything else went well with your IEP meeting too!

Best wishes,

polarbear