We just went through something similar. DS is in third grade and at his meeting a couple months ago, they wanted to drop direct OT and do a whopping 5 minutes per week on "indirect services" like AT support. Except that there was never any AT plan. The 5 minutes was supposed to be to "explore AT." What?! DS types about 13 words per minute. When I asked about keyboarding back in Nov. the OT started doing keyboarding with him a few times per month but also dropped handwriting. So his handwriting quickly went downhill. Of course, no one bothered to inform me that they weren't working on writing w/ him anymore. They weren't doing anything for him in terms of math except every once in a while the teacher would scribe a test (but sometimes not). I made them put an AT eval into his IEP and we had to have a conciliation conference about the dropped OT services. They put it back in 4 times per month rather than 3 times per month. But I wonder what good it's even going to do if the OT doesn't seem to understand the issue and he is only getting about 1X per week. I have the Handwriting Without Tears book and will try to get him to do it over the summer. I'm also trying to get in for an OT eval but there is a long waiting list. AT eval results are coming out today or tomorrow. I will post later if there is anything helpful in there.

At the conciliation conference I brought in articles about dyspraxia and dysgraphia. The one about dysgraphia talked about the importance of remediation, not just accommodations. So that is maybe something you could try. The student needs to be able to at least function with basic forms, worksheets, etc. Stress to them how in the long run, remediation is going to work out a lot better for everyone than trying to accommodate everything. I don't know if this makes you feel better but it sounds like your school has been a lot more helpful than ours. I think they would stare at me aghast if I wanted people to regularly scribe, for example. The most they will do is send him to the special ed room for math tests to have someone scribe. Class work--he's on his own (although DS maybe be less severe than your DS, however a lot of his writing is illegible, he doesn't show work for math, and he resists work because the writing is difficult).