My 5 year-old daughter is in Kindergarten and she has been seeing a Social Worker for anxiety issues. Recently, the Social Worker referred our daughter for a Psychological Evaluation and the intelligence portion of the evaluation showed the following results:

Composite Percentile
WPPSI-IV Summary Score Rank

Visual Comprehension (VCI) 135 99
Visual Spatial (VSI) 132 98
Fluid Reasoning (FRI) 114 82
Working Memory (WMI) 121 92
Processing Speed 103 58

Subset Scores Summary Score Percentile
Verbal Comprehension
Information 16 98
Similarities 16 98
Visual Spatial
Block Design 17 99
Object Assembly 14 91
Fluid Reasoning
Matrix Reasoning 10 50
Picture Concepts 15 95
Working Memory
Picture Memory 14 91
Zoo Location 13 84
Processing Speed
Bug Search 11 63
Cancellation 10 50

Composite Percentile
WRAT-4 Score Rank

Word Reading 124 95
Spelling 126 96
Math Computation 122 93

The psychologist said it didn�t make sense to calculate an overall IQ due to the disparity between the individual results. She also speculated that the disparity between my daughter�s processing speed and other intelligence components, combined with perfectionist tendencies, may account for some of her frustration and anxiety. She also recommended that we look into outside enrichment programs for our daughter (particularly during the summer), but didn�t recommend actually placing our daughter into a full-time gifted program, as these can be competitive and might increase her anxiety level.

Could anyone explain these test results to me and let me know if my daughter is truly gifted, or just above average in intelligence? Do these test results mean anything at such a young age and can they change significantly as she gets older? Assuming the test results are significant, could anyone suggest supplemental type enrichment programs we might want to consider? Our daughter seems happy at school, and her report cards indicate that she is doing well (but not exceptionally well). We want to do what�s best for our daughter, but also don�t see a need to push her into more stressful situations. Providing her with a happy childhood is our most important consideration.

I would appreciate any advice that others might have.