Originally Posted by RRD
I sincerely doubt that our DSs are on par! I did a quick scan of a few of your posts, and I can guarantee you that my DS is not applying laws of physics. wink
Hah! I don't remember exactly what I said in the past about DS "applying the laws of physics," but I'm pretty sure it was deductive and observational (such as being able to say that inertia contributes to a particular physical phenomenon). He's not solving world physics problems just yet. wink

Originally Posted by RRD
Mind you, there are other aspects of his intelligence that are really interesting too. He has always had a neat ability to perceive things in an interesting way and/or make neat connections. We were stuck in traffic once when he was 3 and he piped up with "We need Sergeant Murphy!" (a character who is always directing traffic in Richard Scarry books). He was 4 and would compare the whipping in the ice-cream maker to a tornado. He sees a spot where kids were digging in the snow and he says it looks like a meteorite crater. He sees a big fluffy snowfall and says it looks like a snow globe. And there are countless examples like this. I just love his way of seeing the world!
And when mine was 3, he thought that those cheap vegetable steamers looked like a peacock tail. It is definitely fun to listen to. Your kid and mine are most definitely cut from the same cloth!

Originally Posted by RRD
But if he's anything more than MG, I'll eat my hat. smile
So that you're ready, I recommend this one: http://www.coveryourhair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/nacho-hat.jpg

Last edited by George C; 03/02/16 02:16 PM.