Originally Posted by greenlotus
Only courses taken during the high school years will be included in the student’s grade point average.

It's interesting how different this is from location to location. My experience is like yours, not as ultramarina's and so many others. Ds's first class in HS will be precalc, and he'll take calc BC in 10th. Even though he takes Honors AlgII/Trig at the high school now, because he is in 8th grade, it shows up on his middle school transcript. In a way, this makes sense to me, because he is in 8th grade now. Whether he takes Alg or Geometry or 8th grade math or trig, it's his 8th grade math class.
What does NOT make sense to me is that he is still required to take the same number of hs math classes. IMHO, it should be "3 years or through Calculus" or "4 years or through Pre-Calc" or whatever you want, but right now he'll have to take at least Calc III for dual credit-which we'll have to pay for- in order to fulfill his high school requirements (and I've heard that some of the classes listed in the math dept, like AP Computer Sci/stats/micro won't fulfill that particular requirement).