Keep trying? In our experience, you only find success when you put your child (preteen through adolescence) into the driver's seat and step firmly OUT of the therapeutic relationship, and that can be a huge leap of faith.

In other words, any therapist gets exactly 2 visits to make a favorable impression on my DD, or she doesn't go back. She also dictates the frequency, and the pacing, and what happens in sessions. She's got great metacognition, and she's pretty self-aware. She needs a therapist that is willing to call her out sometimes, and that means that a therapist has to be someone that she cannot bamboozle. That's a tall order, and this becomes a matter of trying pretty much everything until you find something that fits. Think Cinderella's slipper.

We have found that this is personality-dependent as much as it's related to LOG or anything else. I figure that I'd mention that, because we had a number of intersecting issues that made it tough to decide which of them needed to be top priority. In the end, we went with increasing difficulty of getting appointments, and used word of mouth otherwise.

Good luck.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.