The genetic testing is very new and it's important not to read too much into it. Intermediate metabolizer means it isn't broken down too quickly (meaning the dose may be too small) or too slowly (meaning the dose may be too large). It is mostly just telling you how the liver metabolizes things, which is only one part of the picture. Many other things affect how someone responds to different medications. I have done the genetic testing just because I wanted to have the information on liver enzymes out of curiosity. The results didn't match my experience with the different medications (I don't take any now but had previously). Amusingly, I also had the gene variant associated with lower risk of OCD when I used to have that severely. That's just my experience and doesn't mean the testing isn't useful, but it just isn't clear enough yet what some of the results mean and it just isn't enough to know which medications to choose even though it may help. There is a good review of the data that I can dig up again if anyone is interested (I posted it on another thread when this was discussed before). I'm glad I had it done, but there really isn't enough data to know how useful it will be and it concerns me that it seems to be getting promoted as able to do more than it can at this point.

Last edited by apm221; 12/17/15 07:55 PM.