Originally Posted by funtimes
Ok, some interesting info on twin 2 and I don't have a full report yet. FSIQ 124, no issues with PS or WM. Notable is math reasoning 98% and phonics 19%, but doing great in school and loves to read. OG tutor was suggested vs full neuropsych eval. Does anyone have experience with that?

No experience with the twins, but certainly experience with 2 kids on this. Both of mine read way above grade level, but in 4th grade were identified to have very low phonics skills, far out of sync with what would be expected based on other reading skills. For my son, the phonics skills were so weak, no one's really sure how it is he can read.

Math reasoning vs phonics isn't the right comparison here. What are the other reading scores and the VIQ scores?

As polarbear suggested, OG instructors have a really useful host of tests to identify and target the exact gaps in phonics skills, more than we've gotten from neuropsych evaluations. This monitoring can also be done very frequently, so we get quarterly reports monitoring how the gaps are being plugged. You will know fairly quickly if OG is the right approach.