Some helpful background:

Last year DS1 had a very rough year socially and with almost no academic gain. Laziness and frustration set in quickly. We had tears off the bus daily for a month or so. This prompted us to seek help. We almost switched schools over the summer. Ive been advocating for him for almost a year now, but I don't even really know if it will be enough. On his WJ3 everything was about 70-80% across the board. I feel like he does what he is asked at school and no more. But mostly, i need to intervene for this kid and fast bc at home he makes up for his slow day and he needs more than I can give. And he's not my only child. The other 2 need just as much. smile

DS2 made major gains with reading last year and had an amazing year. He's super social, very funny, and was so happy.

While considering a school switch, we applied both boys to a private school which gave the WIAT3. That was the first we noticed the big discrepancy for twin 2. Regardless of the phonics issue, twin 2 actually does really well ( so far) in school.

I'm currently advocating for both, but the school has already intervened for DS2 a good bit without my prompting. smile

BTW-Besides dyslexia, what other issues can lower the phonics score?

Thank you!