We have another one in middle school who doesn't want to use her accommodations - even at home. Sigh. She is supposed to write her papers on the computer, but she feels that it makes her just too different from the other kids. Today she was working and working and working on homework, and I finally asked what in the world was going on (she usually finishes in a reasonable amount of time). She was handwriting a long paper for an elective. I explained that she is supposed to write on the computer. Her teachers will be so happy if she does - they can read her papers vs. pulling out a magnifying class to read her teeny tiny writing. She spells better (love Spell Check!!)and her thoughts flow more easily. I don't think she believes me when I tell her she is able to use it! I believe we are going to have to have the AIG teacher (she's our go to person for tricky situations)and have her tell DD that yes, absolutely, she can use a computer.
Guess this isn't so helpful as it's a "you're not alone" type post. I'm pulling my hair out, too!!