Originally Posted by polarbear
I am not quite sure I understand how the school can help him with his 2e though, if they don't know about it? That's confusing me a bit. Do they know he's dysgraphic, and just accepted what you have told them without seeing the actual reports?

Just answering another great question raised by pb: I haven't told the school about his assessments, but I have explained how much it helped at home to understand that the problem is often "can't" rather than "won't."

At first this just induces eye-rolling, and fair enough since I didn't share the assessments. But as they get to know me (apparently I don't present as crazy), and they get to know him (little things show how hard he really tries), the can't/won't thing starts to ring true to them.

So they have supported him, and paid attention, and really listened to him. Errrrr - they've grokked him, if you know Stranger in a Strange Land. I think this meeting is a natural progression for them. I honestly believe I'm dealing with skilled professionals who want to and can help.

Even if they are allergic to "gifted" ....