I got an email back from the counselor. She was very very apologetic and is kicking herself from not calling him before the test and telling him where to go in person. Seems she figured it out at the END of the test and was quite frustrated herself. The proctor was instructed to send kids not on their list to her office. And ALL the other proctors that needed to do did this correctly. I'm still frustrated about the whole thing but not the much I can do. I'd done.. it's a one shot thing. It's probably not going to make or break anything, kid didn't study very much so probably had little shot at NM anyway. And it's the PSAT, universities won't see it. Coordinator promises me this will not happen at the AP exams and that the SAT's are done differently. DS did finish and answer every question but he did say that some of the math problems were harder than expected.

I think the plan of sending them to a room organized with all the other kids and then having the proctor send them somewhere else is TERRIBLE design. Teenager's and my son in particular don't want attention brought to the fact his is getting extra accommodations. He doesn't want his friends to see that he is being treated differently. Particularly at my H.S. Even though he is getting no where near the grades as many of the other kids he still has this mystique as that supper smart kid who was reading way before everyone else. Add to the fact that extra time on these test feels like cheating to DS so he really didn't feel like pushing the proctor.

Just really needed to VENT. It's not something I really discussing with most of my RL friends. Many don't really understand about the 2E thing. I was so excited last spring when I found out he was going to get the extra time and have found myself disappointed.

There are over 2,500 kids in DS's H.S. And I got there impression that there were at least a handful of kids getting extra time. Our school seems to be very successful in getting College board to grant extra time.

Last edited by bluemagic; 10/18/15 11:46 PM.