To my surprise DS16 takes the PSAT tomorrow on a Wednesday. Our school had never given the test on a Wed but I just looked it up and college board is ONLY offering Wed tests this year.

DS hasn't been doing enough practice for this test IMO. We ended up not getting him private tutoring this fall because he was busy & resisting. He did do very well on the SAT Subject Math 2 test last spring with little prep and he has qualified for extra time and that should help. I bought two different 'new' PSAT practice test book. But i'm not sure how accurate the books are? The reviews on the books are meh. DS took one sample test and found some of the math problems very vague and not on topics I've seen listed. I'm not really happy my kid is going to be the guinea pig for this new test.

I want DS to take the 'old' SAT in Dec or Jan because I think it would be nice to have both data points old SAT & new. He doesn't want to because he doesn't want to have to study the "SAT words" which is silly since he has been studying them without knowing it since 4th grade. First step I guess is to see how tomorrow goes.