aquinas, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I do think DS actually believes in God, but he views the biblical stories as ancient myths.

Bostonian, I agree which is why I posted it on this forum (which I hope is ok, if not then admin can feel free to delete the thread), but with close family/friends, I think they would become too upset because it is "us". And I know there is no way they are ever going to change their minds or question what they already believe. My stepmother was telling me one day about how she has a friend whose husband died, and the friend questioned the existence of god and was really angry. Stepmom was all upset about it for days, forwarded the woman's emails everywhere (as in, "What do I do? This is so terrible! Please pray!", etc).
DD appeared in my bedroom last night and asked how the entire human race could have appeared from two people. I asked her what she's talking about, Adam and Eve? (turned out she was reading a "Bible Story" book someone gave her, probably step-mom). I told her that it's in the Bible but it wasn't a story that even the author meant for people to take literally. It's questions like this that are driving me crazy. Is that even correct? Did the author of the book of Genesis write it/tell it as a "story" to illustrate a point? Or did the author really intend for people to take it as literal fact? I don't have the knowledge of ancient cultures/history to even have a definitive answer and feel like I can't answer questions like this.

Last edited by blackcat; 10/12/15 09:06 AM. Reason: clarity