I don't want to offend anyone so if you are sensitive about religion you may want to close this post. I'm curious whether anyone has a child who is/was fascinated by religion, and if the religious views were contrary to what your "social network" believes, how did you handle this? DS8 has found a copy of the Bible and he is now reading the Old Testament as a fascinating historical document full of "great myths" similar to the myths of other ancient people, like the Greeks, Romans, or Egyptians. I never told him that the Bible was a myth, he came up with that on his own. The problem is, DS has no filter. He is very young and tends to babble on about his various fascinations. If anyone in our family (full of very conservative Christians) hears him talk about the Bible the way he talks about it, there will be an uproar. And who knows what he says about it at (public) school. He wanted to take it to read at school, but I put my foot down on that one and told him to please not discuss any of this (but that seems wrong). I'm also concerned that the Bible will confuse him, since it has to be way above his reading level, and I'm not equipped with the knowledge myself to try to interpret it for him (heck, it's above the reading level of most adults). Has anyone dealt with anything like this? I guess it's simpler if you yourself have clear beliefs and you can tell your child "You need to believe X, but not Y" but I can't do that. I'm also not an archaeologist/historian and have no idea which parts of the Bible are historically accurate and I doubt there is anything at his reading level that explains this. He carefully packed up the Bible in his suitcase a few hours ago and is probably reading it at boy scout camp right now. I am hoping he doesn't talk about it there.