This is an issue for me so I thought I would start new topic.

I had posted long ago about linear, non linear and was quickly directed to visual spatial. Just putting that in because if anyone sees this, it may help.

So DD very early on would get answers popping into her head, like simple math but at early 2 age. And she can sight read, but I don't know when it happens. But other things pop up, but not on command. (she will be 4 9/28)

When asked to read, though she is fully capable of reading phonetically, she hates the work. She loves when answers pop into her head.

Having talked to people, they have told me that it is a characteristic of visual spatial PG and when they have to work at something early in their life, they can get a lot of noise and confusion until they can organize it in their heads.

I would very much like to hear from other people that may have had this experience and any solutions to help with the motivation.

Reason, I anticipate your questions since I have been on this board long enough. When we did the screen for the gifted preschool, the psychologist, who will also give her the SBV this October for Hunter, told us that she needs to work on this. She doesn't like the easy (boring) questions and she also has the bad habit of not doing the work when she has to "stop, breathe, think" and do the work. Because of an "addiction" to the answers just coming to her.

She scores very high as it is, but my biggest concern is the long term bad habits that can happen with underachievers. My own experience biases my concern.

Thanks, Ren