Originally Posted by eco21268
I see you are at the "thinking of homeschooling" phase of your 2E journey. Been there, too. I understand your thinking. I hope, though, that if you ultimately make that decision, it's an empowered one v. a helpless one.

I am hoping this is your family's Year From Hell and will improve soon. I hope he find some relief with the new medication regimen. Lots of love, encouragement, support, courage, strength your way.

My wife used to be a teacher, and I'm pretty good at math, history, and writing. We could do it. She is the more rational one and is waiting to see if changing up the IEP is going to work. But DS is refusing to do work in class for some teachers, and the school is starting to look at this as a punishable offense, rather than a cry for help.

DS is a *very* enthusiastic learner given the right environment and right approach. I don't want the public schools to destroy his enthusiasm.

Thanks for the support! We really need it. We're two exhausted parents on most days. I feel like I need infinite patience to get from morning to night.

But let me give you an example of what a great and observant kid DS12 can be, despite ASD, anxiety, etc. This was a dialog from yesterday:

DS: "Why are you tucking your shirt into your shorts?"
Me: "Because I'm going biking and it is cold out."
DS: "It looks wrong."
Me: "Biking is not a fashion contest."
DS: "You'll never get a woman that way."
Me: "In case you didn't notice, I got your mom a long time ago."
DS: "I'll bet you didn't tuck your shirt into your shorts back then."

smile