Obviously, YMMV, but a word of encouragement on the medication: we attempted a very short trial of Prozac and OMG. DS did not become agitated by it, but sedated-ish. During that one week at school--he failed a science quiz and scored a 78/100 on an easy math test--and forgot multiple assignments, etc. He was in a reeeeaaaalllllly good mood (:O) but could not function. Really could not.

Two weeks later, next math test is 100%, he's even writing without too much pressure, grades are all at least 85, he's using his planner, requiring a *bit* less help (i.e. coercion) at home and just all around better.

I see you are at the "thinking of homeschooling" phase of your 2E journey. Been there, too. I understand your thinking. I hope, though, that if you ultimately make that decision, it's an empowered one v. a helpless one.

I am hoping this is your family's Year From Hell and will improve soon. I hope he find some relief with the new medication regimen. Lots of love, encouragement, support, courage, strength your way.