Originally Posted by puffin
It is not that typical for a 2 year old but dinosaur names seem to be a 'thing' for. 4 year olds.

His almost obsession with exact vocabulary extends into anything he likes, dinosaurs just happen to be the newest topic with the biggest words. He is never satisfied knowing something like "train engine." He wants to know if it's a steam engine or a Diesel engine. It's the same with anything construction related. Do you know how many types of excavators there are? Lots! I had no idea. Same with tractors, he knows about all kinds of attachments for tractors. Once he gets on a topic and starts asking I'm usually out of answers fairly quickly because I'm not precise enough. smile

I'm hoping this eventually lets up. Or maybe he will learn to read in a few years and then he can find out himself. laugh

The other big one is naming all the muppets. He has never even seen an episode of Sesame Street or the Muppets but we see books and toys everywhere and I let him watch some you tube clips when he showed an interest. He wants to know every name, even the really obscure puppets. Google is my friend.