I was told to keep the powers that be up to date in terms of 504 accommodations/compliance, and so I did--briefly, matter-of-fact, in problem-solving mode:

In one class, DS' is writing things like "Japanese History" in planner (and getting initials) without any assignment(s) referenced. So I asked teacher for more detail, going forward, and cc'd coordinator as I'd been directed. Of course, received a narrative in reply about how "we are also having problems with the planner, DS isn't getting signatures in class and has to go back during study hall for initials." Which, to my mind, isn't really a problem since that's what the 504 said he's supposed to do, and I'm hoping he'll eventually take notice and get it done beforehand.

Also, "He is not using his class time," (from coordinator, not teacher) stated as a universal/general fact, even though he currently has very high As in every class except the one where he failed to turn in one assignment (that wasn't written in planner--now scanned/emailed/graded, all is well) and has not had much homework to speak of, in any class.

I talked to DS and said told him history teacher isn't happy and DS said that it was only one day--

When pressed, there has apparently been one day where he was talking to a friend excessively and was moved to a different seat. All fine, good. As of last week, all reports were very positive and I only heard the negative when I wrote the email saying I need more info in planner.

DS said he is fine with having his seat moved, because it is kind of isolated and helps him focus, EXCEPT (big except, in his case)--there is a spider that is near his seat. He swears it is a brown recluse (and described it in much detail) and that when he told the teacher, teacher said "deal with it." I asked if having it there is distracting him, and he said yes, although he claims he and the spider have worked out a kind of Life of Pi relationship, and he says he is only checking every 15 minutes or so to make sure it is still there, and that usually gets him pretty worried for another few minutes, etc.

DS is phobic of stinging and poisonous insects, spiders, etc.--this is NOT a little thing to him, it's one of his odd obsessions. This is where I say, laugh or cry, because I don't even want to bring up the blasted spider to the teacher at this point, since I've clearly annoyed everyone by bringing up the 504. Frankly, I'm glad he didn't completely freak out because he would at home.

What should I do?

Last edited by eco21268; 09/02/15 03:24 PM.