Lillie Felton, right? That's the reference for 2e children that suggests that "appropriate" for such children is a matter of their individual potential, rather than grade-level expectations.

Of course, that is really only about identification of the disabling condition-- it doesn't directly address what an appropriate educational setting is for those children, once identified. There are some references which do, however-- thinking that those are in VA and maybe NC? If memory serves, I mean-- and it's possible that it doesn't. There is one that directly states that a child with a LD can't be excluded from an otherwise appropriate gifted program just for lack of accommodations to allow the student to at achieve his/her potential in that program.

I'm thinking that Pemberley probably knows of several such references. Also-- check over at Wrightslaw. They have a real treasure trove of documentation and references that would probably be quite helpful.

Good luck in your meeting. I totally understand wanting to go in loaded for bear even though you hope that you won't need to use a bit of it. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.