I would say something to her about it. I felt like I wasted an opportunity to educate my son's Kindergarten teacher about learning differences, but I was lacking confidence.

It wasn't until I had homeschooled my son for a year and had proof of his differences that I started trying to get the school to make changes for kids who are twice exceptional. The older teachers at our public school, including my son's former Kindergarten teacher, refuse to change. I know this from talking to the mother of my son's gifted friend. She is a special education teacher at this school and I didn't know until I met her that she also had training in gifted education. She didn't think it was fair how we were treated by the school, and she thought we should have been able to do part time school, but in the end there was nothing she or I could do about our education system. There just aren't enough people that care about this where we live and there are too many teachers at our school who think making outside the box kids fit in the box is more important than helping them to feel comfortable with their differences and providing an opportunity to reach their potential. It is a losing battle. We are far outnumbered by teachers and administrators who don't want to make changes for those few children like mine who are outside the box.