Hi All -some know the saga with my DS5 - he was in a not so great environment for awhile - long story and yes, I feel like smacking myself for not making changes much, much sooner....he is the poster child for being a 2e child and the last year we have seen a huge change in everything about him. He was in a Montessori school for over 3 years and one of his teachers was awesome and his latest he has had for a year has been pretty bad - she did nothing to meet his needs emotionally or intellectually and played a lot of power trips on him...the year he was with her, we saw his spunk for exploring disappear, his love of learning completely go to zero, his self-esteem hit the floor and he was just a very unhappy child. She actually told me more times than I can count in front of him that I should stop allowing him to read at home or do certain activities at home with him because he is so far advanced over all the other children and she was worried she would have no materials left to teach him for next year. The whole 4 year old year for him, he pretty much begged her to do a huge array of montessori activities and she told him he was not allowed to do them until he turned 5 - for about 6 months, all I heard from him was that he "wished he was 5 year old smart" so he could do those activities (which we have come to find out where supposed to be introduced to 4 year olds and in his new Montessori school we have found and love they have informed us that he is actually behind in some lessons because she kept withholding them from him)..and to this day, I still have to reassure him that it is okay that he likes to play boardgames that show the ages that are higher than him because he is so concerned now about his age....the other month in the bookstore he really wanted to get a new collection of readers but he asked me would Mrs. so-and-so (his teacher) get angry that he was reading...I was furious to know that she has totally messed up my child. We yanked him out of the school about 4 weeks ago after an incident that left my child hysterical and sobbing that he hated school and never wanted to go back there again...and the director knows we were furious....well today, his teacher wrote me this email acting totally clueless as to why he was pulled (obviously the director did not show her our letter we wrote explaining why)...

so I am asking, should I be upfront and honest and explain exactly why we pulled our child and explain the damaging things she said and did so that she doesn't do it to another child or do we just bite our tongue and act like nothing happened? What would you do?