My older DD20 had low muscle tone as a baby. She crawled late and only after a 6 weeks of physical therapy and didn't walk till just outside what was considered "normal' at 19 months. What the physical therapist who worked with my DD at 1 but I imagine both these things will work at 7.

Swinging -- A simple outside playground swing without any back support. Just like any other exercise he might not initially like swinging if it's tires him out. But he can build up. Do you have sings in a local playground, can you put one in your yard?

Ball Pits -- You know those pits they have at IKEA, or you can rent at a party? My DD's PT used a similar type ball pit. We actually bought a small blow up one at a party when my DD was a preschooler.

I knew my DD wouldn't qualify for PT after her she started walked. But I did enroll her in dance from 3-10. Took a while but I found a wonderful teacher who was happy to work with even the clumsiest kids. While many bosy might balk at dance classes, gymnastics or a parcour gym might be a good alternative.

P.S. I would think swimming would also be a good for developing core muscles. Can you son swim? Does he enjoy it?

Last edited by bluemagic; 07/23/15 12:07 PM.