Originally Posted by blackcat
What does that mean, "in-service for teachers"? Also, remember that it's the school's responsiblity to deal with the social skills deficit as well, and EF issues, it shouldn't be your responsibility to "seek outside help" and the school is off the hook. DS actually has "organizational skills" in his IEP, and it's a service, a sped teacher is in charge of this, checks in on him, and works with classroom teachers.

It's great that she has a relationship with the school already. That should help a lot in terms of the school cooperating.
I'm hoping the in-service means educating the teachers about neurologically based social skills deficits. Or even just 2e generally. Next year's teachers should have a lot more experience, but a refresher might help?

DS doesn't have an IEP. I hope that he will get one next year, but if he doesn't, we need a much stronger 504. Ideally, he could use "learning lab" time (study hall, all 7th grade students have this) to check in with a resource teacher? I don't know what services are available through school, with an IEP--NP did mention maybe speech/language services. I've been strongly discouraged (refused twice for evaluation) so far--but it may have been bc I didn't know enough about how to request.