My husband has resumes out in Seattle and the DC area. I have read a few posts here about the Seattle area, and it seems like the Bellevue area is looked at favorably by many for gifted kids. Our family is multiracial (Caucasian/Asian) so I hear good things about Bellevue concerning that issue as well.

What about the DC area? My husband will be interviewing there soon. We would be looking at middle schools for our 2 DD's (rising 6th graders). One MG, the other HG (grade skipped already a few months ago/2E so that plays into it as well). The job would be in the Fairfax Co. We are not multi-millionaires so pricey private schools would probably not be for us. Yes, we have been warned about how expensive the area is! Again, we need an area that is diverse.

We are currently in the magnet system, and it's a situation if you don't get in early you are pretty much out of luck. I would like to know if it's the same case in both cities. I am concerned about the 2E aspect. Need support for younger DD.