This board has been such a relief. I don't feel so crazy or alone but the complexity is a bit overwhelming. I am inspired by your pursuits for your kiddos.
Irena - I can relate to anxiety causing rigidity. I think my kiddo was starting to develop a phobia or two until she got on the meds.
Blackcat - your DDs frustration is heart breaking. My DD is frustrated too, she's at least now able to articulate that she's frustrated (rather than crying, screaming, hiding under her desk, and/or kicking the teacher......well, she did hide under her desk today).
Did you all seek out a neuropsychologist or did the school? I found a neuropsych in our area that specializes in 2e. I think DD may be more complicated than the school can tease out (but I will still ask them for more testing). I'm also worried as we may be moving to another state. I feel like I don't have anything to make a strong case for another school district to put DD into a gifted program with an iep. She doesn't have anything "through the roof" and her eligibility is based on emotional disability (& teachers experiencing months of severe freak outs) rather than an LD.