Kriston,

That's a great story. I'll guess data attracted people might find the book a little anecdotal? As much as I'm driven to decision by data, the human/emotion(but not rampant, mind you) have to come into play. I've even overriden good data because my instinct are strongly suggesting otherwise.

It's hard to make big decisions that go against the grain, especially when you make them for your child! I'm glad that book gave you the confidence you needed to make the right decision for you son.

In the past year or so, I think I've read every opinion out there concerning what to do with the girls. I've valued each one and basically processed through them and blended those that applied to my family. It is great when you see that something in print that speaks: No, mom, you aren't crazy, these kids also did this and we think it's because..................

Funny story about the book, I haven't read it, but have read the online posts of her levels.
One thing that jumped out was the alert at birth and high apgar score thing.
When DD8 was born, it was not a typical delivery! At the end I felt as if I had been through "the war"! As I remember she had all tens, I think is the high number for Apgar. The doctor and nurses were all crazy about how high all her scores were, and "isn't that unuuuusualll", and they were all creepily mystified.

I was all: "Oh, I'm glad you like it because I'm never doing that again. Can someone please get me a sandwich or something?"