The year:
For DD12 - school continues to be a great fit. She is really blossoming into an amazing young lady. She joined the high school robotics team and went from knowing nothing about electronics to be the lead person on that part of the bot. She was sad to see the year end.
DD7 - it was a very bumpy year. She had a teacher who didn't really get her at all and could only see her as a "young one" because she is a year younger due to a grade skip last year from K into 1st. Add to this some really mean little girls and there were days that it was a disaster. But, her violin was great and she is flying through that. She has 2 weeks left of school so I think we'll make it. She is changing schools next year to attend the full time highly gifted program offered in the district. We're cautiously optimistic about the move.

The summer:
we've got a week at relatives, then DD12 is going to band camp for a week. DD7 may go to dance camp for a week, but other than that - nothing set for them.
I am starting a new job at a really cool school, so I can't wait to get in there and get going.