Aquinas, the reason I avoid scheduling is because my son doesn't do well when I schedule very much. As a person who thrives on planning, it would make me much more comfortable to have a set schedule. I look at your scheduled activities with longing. :-). Not only that your son cooperates with a schedule, but that you have so many that are a good fit for him!

We are really lucky here with our homeschooling community. Our last community in a different state was not so welcoming. It just depends on what individuals happen to live in your community and I get the feeling that it evolves from year to year -- and that even within a homeschooling community that there are subgroups you just have to find.

You might try checking Facebook, meet up, and Yahoo groups. Start with a search on gifted homeschool. The Well Trained Mind Accelerated Learner Board is another good choice. Oddly enough, I found the most likely gifted kids through the Facebook group here for my state Unschoolers. Here, the unschoolers are basically well educated parents who follow their kids interests in learning. In other areas, it could be very very different. If you start by lurking online, you just may find a group you like.