Thanks for all of the input. It's been hard to really assess the program because people either seem to love it or think it's total garbage. Honestly, researching and dissecting scientific journal articles is not something that appeals to me so I will probably never fully understand the science. I'm OK with that.

Yes, the combination therapy is appealing but I do understand that is it not as personalized. My son already did a year of intense VT and about 6 months of not so intense OT (which was my fault because were were trying to do both at the same time and I just couldn't keep up at home with the exercises). I work FT - there are only so many hours in the day.

His vision improved greatly with VT but what remains are some coordination/body issues, some social issues and emotional intensity. Do these things apply to highly gifted kids? Yes, they do. So I am still trying to figure out if these issues will improve with maturity or not.

I did at least get some WIAT-III test results out of the process, which is good. I can see improvement in the fluency subtests which he did not do well on in the WISC-IV 3 years ago (I think due to his vision issues). He is still showing a big discrepancy between certain areas so I'm not sure what we should be doing next. It's been about 9 months since VT ended and we haven't been doing any therapies at all.

I hate seeing him struggle in some of these areas but I'm not sure what our next move should be.

Mom to 2 kiddos - DS 9 with SPD and visual processing issues and DD 6 who is NT