Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
Could be that it is LOG, could be it's a major aversion to black-and-white thinking, could be that it's perfectionism, and it's possible that it's just a personality quirk.

My DD10 is highly prone to perfectionism, and she's always been very decisive in picking outfits or ordering from a menu, so I'd check that one off the list. I lean to "personality quirk", in which the individual is agonizing over picking the best possible of too many options, given too many unknowns.

That seems to be what's going on with DW, our family's only bad menu orderer. Way too many times she has agonized over a menu, narrowed her options to the thing I picked or choice B, ordered B, compared our dishes, and engaged in self-recriminating regret when my choice turned out to be "better," even when her food was perfectly good (and when her dish was not well-executed... yikes!). She'd be a lot happier if she just ordered whatever I do, but she still keeps playing this game.

DD, on the other hand, is perfectly content to learn that someone ordered something she'd prefer, enjoy her own meal, and take note of it for next time.