It's interesting, because I've also seen studies claiming women with 'big butts' have 'smarter children'. I happen to be someone without the coveted hourglass shape, narrow hips and a flat butt, and yet somehow I magically managed to have an extremely smart child.

I 100% support staying active during pregnancy, because it's good for you, baby and the birth experience.. However, I was in MUCH better physical shape with my son (#2) and he's actually had large delays up to this point (who knows how he'll be in the future, I suppose). I take everything like this with a grain of salt. I think it's common sense to stay healthy during pregnancy, or at least I hope it is. And I say much better shape, but I wasn't overweight or anything previously.. I just wasn't exercising like I was prior to my son, and I was very thin when I got pregnant with him.

Also, FWIW both of my children were born intervention free and breastfed roughly the same length of time (approx 20 months) co-sleeping, etc so forth, blah blah. And yet they've been completely different!

Last edited by BrandiT; 04/02/15 05:12 PM.

Z - 01/23/11 and O - 05/12/13