I can't believe they required a group of women to not engage in exercise during pregnancy since it is well known to be more healthful.

I started my pregnancy very healthy, even doing martial arts class through the first month. Then the morning sickness hit. That pretty much laid me out for almost 3 months. After that I was tired for a while. Then as I got big (and boy did I ever get big!) I ended up with 2 hernias and couldn't lift my legs to walk. I was unable to even bend or I couldn't breathe due to my lungs being compressed. I'm quite small normally at 5 foot with a very short torso, so I don't think I had proper room for a baby!

Basically, I didn't exercise at all. It might have been the least healthy (almost) 9 months of my life. I counted the days until the misery was over. I got most of my calories from chocolate. Despite all of that I had no trouble with blood pressure or any other medical concerns and nearly had my son in the car driving to the birthing center as my total labor was just over 2 hours. So much for all the doom and gloom they preached! I like to think that starting in good shape helped me out smile

After my son was born we did extended breastfeeding, cosleeping, cloth diapers, and a whole food organic diet. I like to think that I've made up for being a crappy pregnant person with all of my hard work after!

Oh, and my son has an amazing memory smile But so do I, so maybe it's genetic? Maybe it could have been better, but I don't think I'll beat myself up over it. I'm just glad I survived.

Last edited by PanzerAzelSaturn; 03/24/15 03:27 PM.