To the OP-- what, specifically, is causing the failing grade in this class?

Presumably it is poor performance, somehow-- is it conceptual? (Be brutally honest there-- are there ANY conceptual gaps-- of any source or explanation?) Is it just that computationally, he can't get "correct" answers because of the dysgraphia? Is it possible that this is a working memory thing?

Can you mitigate any of that in any way? (Afterschooling, summer school, etc. etc.)

You should also know that Algebra II is the first weeder course on the path to Calculus.

It is a very difficult class. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that even a HG+ student might struggle with it, particularly if there has been a lack of true challenge previously.

(I say this as someone whose kid sailed all through high school mathematics in spite of just about zero instructional support, up to and really, even including pre-calc... and that student has STILL struggled mightily with the eye-watering pace of collegiate math taught at the university level, given that unbelievably poor foundation. Gosh, thanks for nothing, secondary educational system. I also know that I'm not alone among parents here.)

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.