Drennen understands what is being taught. He is able to sit with me at home and walk me through the problems and get them right without the use of a calculator. When Drennen does his homework without me, I double check his work with an online calculator that shows the steps. This way he can see where he made a mistake in his head. It is usually a careless error such as not carrying the one and throws the answer off. He also helps his friends who don't understand the math, to understand it and they go on to make good grades, while he is the last one to finish and squeaks by. He has a 70 average, so not truly failing. I understand pre-calculus, and calculus are difficult, but Drennen helps students in these classes with their homework, and they also are passing. We have known since Drennen was in elementary school that his handwriting was an issue, but mostly in English. Drennen is not in honors English 3 because of this, and it was his choice. He took Algebra 1 in 8th grade and scored a 89 for the year. Last year in honors Geometry, he scored a 96 for the year. His standardized test scores are extremely high in all subjects. In his English 3 class, he is the only sophomore in his junior class. The juniors are soon taking the ACT, so she reviewed for it in class. Drennen took the practice test with them and did extremely well, which helped his confidence. What I'm trying to say, is Drennen fully understands the math, but by doing it in his head, is unable to show it. I am back in college and Drennen is my math tutor, I have never understood math myself, until now.