My kids are pretty independent with their homework. As I tell them when they occasionally ask for more help than I think appropriate, I already passed 4th grade (or whatever grade) so I don't need to be the one doing the work.

That said, I tend to help my 4th grader by scribing his brainstorming. He spits out concepts, I write them down with no add-ons. He brain just goes so much faster than his hands, especially this year since they are required to type everything and he only types about 15 wpm.

For my middle school child who is 2e, I haven't really helped her with anything this year other than minor stuff like coloring a section of a poster to her specifications. She occasionally asks her older sister for help with a math problem that she can't get. Her sister doesn't give her the answer but makes her work through it.

My high school student would be deeply offended if had anything to do her homework. I think that she asked her dad to help her figure out something in math once this year.