In my experience, iStation isn't very reliable and doesn't mean much for students reading at or above grade level. We were supposed to have them use it at home in K. My daughter already knew how to read, and she spent an awful lot of time playing asteroid-type games that seemed to test coordination and call it reading. There was a science program attached to it that she really liked. I totally credit her interest in science with that, but I remember her scores that year didn't make any sense at all. I think the science program threw them off.

This year I haven't checked the scores at all, but my daughter logged in from home in order to try to finish this science activity (that she doesn't have time to finish at school and can't access at home), and I did notice that it said her Lexile was 900, though I have no idea how it would measure that accurately. It's a remediation program, meant to help teachers identify students at the low end. They say it is adaptive, blah, blah, blah, but it really isn't. The fact that it is a total waste of time would annoy me if it didn't somehow mysteriously teach my kid so much science. She loves it.