My 6yr. old 1st grader(2e aspie) uses istation for reading once a week. At the end of each month he gets a isip assessment score. He scores in the 99th percentile every time, except in letter knowledge in the 80's.I also notice his lexile score moves up or down. One month it is a 740 others a 705.

This link may be of some help to you.

http://www.istation.com/Content/downloads/studies/er_technical_report.pdf

Are you able to log into his istation account? Our school allows us to monitor the progress and growth reports.You can also access the books your child has read. I have a Chromebook and the book section is not available on a Chromebook yet so I have not been able to use that feature. I do have access to books in the resource area though.

I copied this for you from the resource area I have available.

Resources
Your student is currently working in Cycle 12.

Istation Reading is organized into sequential cycles of reading instruction from Foundations to Reading Cycle 14. Your child is placed in the cycle that is appropriate for his or her learning based on his or her performance on the ISIP assessment.

Istation’s reading intervention includes reading instruction across grades. The instruction in a cycle does not focus on skills for a single grade level but is focused on the skills your child needs to improve reading growth.

Last edited by maisey; 01/28/15 08:42 PM.