This is the 'new' SAT. It was a sample test in a real world situation put on by his school. From what I've seen of the math from this sample test and the online questions. The math seems relatively straight forward. A little less tricky than the old SAT but on the other hand there are a lot of very lengthy word problems, something I remember from the ACT especially in the "science" part. A huge graph, two+ paragraphs of text. And you finally get to the question the problem is easy and barely needs the text.

The other thing I noticed but that I don't think isn't new for this version. Is that many questions ask you to not only solve an equation but do one more step like answer x*y or X+7. Presumably so it's harder to guess the right answer. But some of these are actually a hint as to a quicker way to solve it.. if you solve the quadratic by completing the square using X+7 it's much FASTER to get the correct answer than other methods. So while other methods work just fine they take up time you could be solving other problems.

Last edited by bluemagic; 02/12/15 03:40 PM.