Agreed-- and yeah, the timing thing, well... I have mixed feelings about that. The reality is that the timed component does reflect something about college aptitude, but in the upper percentiles, it is probably irrelevant anyway other than to note that such students won't have a lot of difficulty keeping up with the pace.

You'll need to provide evidence to CB that your child has been USING the accommodation in regular coursework.

If he hasn't, truthfully-- your odds probably are not that good that he'll be granted extra time, particularly since the accommodation is relatively new.

What I'd also do, in other words, it 'train' for the SAT the way that my DD had to. Her issue is that her hands aren't all that stable, so extended writing is a KILLER for her performance.

The SAT, the essay was first-- and she scored at the 95th percentile there. With the ACT, it was last, and her essay scored more like 85th percentile, which is way, way below reality. It was fatigue, pure and simple. But there was no real way to argue that she should have extra time as an accommodation since she had never had it written into any of her 504 documentation and it wasn't related to the disability that was well-documented with the school.

So we didn't bother.

Now, that has continued to be a thing in college, by the way-- so it's not that I'm saying that you shouldn't try.

Just that you may need to be prepared to figure out how to leverage a maximum score without it.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.