This is the 'new' SAT. It was a sample test in a real world situation put on by his school. From what I've seen of the math from this sample test and the online questions. The math seems relatively straight forward. A little less tricky than the old SAT but on the other hand there are a lot of very lengthy word problems, something I remember from the ACT especially in the "science" part. A huge graph, two+ paragraphs of text. And you finally get to the question the problem is easy and barely needs the text.

The other thing I noticed but that I don't think isn't new for this version. Is that many questions ask you to not only solve an equation but do one more step like answer x*y or X+7. Presumably so it's harder to guess the right answer. But some of these are actually a hint as to a quicker way to solve it.. if you solve the quadratic by completing the square using X+7 it's much FASTER to get the correct answer than other methods. So while other methods work just fine they take up time you could be solving other problems.