Cola, not every day is as frustrating and exhausting as today might seem. Some days will be smooth and some days it all seems impossible. I think, from reading your posts, that at the moment it is all really hard. Parenting any child is an individual experience but kids like ours are more challenging, partly because it is so hard to get other people to understand our fears and frustrations. Thank goodness here is an outlet and you will find support and advice which you can use or ignore depending on whether it helps your situation.

I personally don't think Asynchrony justs affects kids but can be an explanation for issues encountered throughout life so finding ways to cope is important.

Writing a list prioritizing what is causing the most angst right now can help. Take the most important issues and focus on those. Next think about whether these are issues that you can fix or not. Sometimes there isn't a current fix, we might need more information, more help or it may be external to our circle of influence.

Pick one thing you can influence and do one thing to make it better. It does help because it gives you back a sense of control. That is what keeps slipping away from us when problems become overwhelming. It doesn't even have to be a big thing.

Honestly, the last week has been full of challenge and frustration...leaking water pipes, a faulty phone line, problems at work, etc. The phone technician came today promptly. He was kind, caring, courteous, communicative and has worked really hard to fix both an immediate and a longstanding problem that we have had fobbed off before. It may take a month to fix the longstanding problem but the phone man made my day because he has tried hard and been helpful. Makes the week seem so much brighter.

Pick just one thing to start.....it will give you strength to keep going. Hugs.