Hi Ania,

Those are amazing scores, especially for an 11-yr old! My son took both SATs and ACTs last year as an 11 yr yr old and scored 570 M, 540 R, 540 W on the SATs, which impressed me. He is grade-accelerated, so his scores last year were compared to 7th graders, and were high enough to qualify for any of their courses/programs (except THINK, but you have to be 12 to do that). The different talent searches you're enrolled with send an interpretative booklet--for Duke's TIP, my son was in the 95-96% for SATs, 99% for ACTs--so I imagine, your son will be that one outlier on the top of the chart (still listed as 99%). Johns Hopkin's report was the most interesting because they had a population of something like 30,000 kids take the SAT--I've misplaced it for now (I'm hoping I didnt accidentally throw it away).

Anyway, my son's taking the tests again this year, since it's the last time he can take them without them counting--his slate will be wiped clean when he takes the tests in high school for college applications. He just took the ACTs last weekend and SATs will be in March.

The best thing to come out of taking the tests was his going to Rocky Mountain Talent Search Summer Institute last summer. Ania, didn't you say your son went to RMTS last year? Or was that someone else? Anyway, my son LOVED it and plans to go back again this summer (they're reorganizing the institute and have a new director). He also gets solicitations from fancy prep schools around the country to apply for merit scholarships. I love looking through the brochures, but my son isn't remotely interested in leaving home at 12.