Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic Willa Gayle. I�m quite the novice when it comes to HS and college issues.

I planted the seed this morning with my daughter regarding whether track is a good idea or not. I pointed out that track meets are very time consuming and perhaps we should consider kicking the swimming up a notch or two instead.

As far as giving up an instrument, I would hate to suggest it to my husband. She has been playing flute for 31/2 years and piano for 2. She is good at both although I think that band would be more impressive on a college application than piano especially since she started relatively late. However, I insisted that we ship my parent�s old piano across the country a couple years ago. We probably paid twice what it was worth. Also, their piano teacher is excellent and (here�s the best part)- he comes to our home for lessons! She doesn�t even mind practicing. Although, again, there is usually not enough time for her to work at it as long as she would like.

Thanks again for your advice.

Diana