This is a toughy. I tend to make these decisions for my kids based on what I think will benefit them most in the long run and will help them attain their own goals in life. Sometimes it is the unpopular decision I land on and at other times it hits the mark with my guys. I generally tend to choose those things that might financially benefit both my wallet and theirs eventually.

Also, she's taking two instruments right now. Is it possible to take a rest from one during the competitive season? I'd also look at the speech club and tutoring. Those are things she can be involved in all the way through high school in short periods of committment...at least that's the way it is here. Can she take a break from those for now to open up some time? Will the swimming opportunity broaden her friendship base? Will the swimming open up scholarship potentials down the road (that's a biggie for me...if there is a possibilit for an unusual kind of scholarship, I grab it....saves for both pockets).

One thing I do for both of my boys is make them take 1 session off for each activity. For example, Mite takes horseback riding as OT, but we took this 12 week session off and we took 12 weeks off of Rite's soccer. This gives us breather time. One evening a week was totally freed and now they are free to come straight home and get into some nice, healthy bouts of sibling rivalry!!! chuckle

just some ramblins...good luck to ya!!!

Willa Gayle