Originally Posted by Edwin
Belle, we will start the commute in September about 45 min to 1 Hour each way. Our now DS6 (Today was his b-day). We are looking forward to it. We really belive going to this new school will be great for him. My DW will start a job near the school so we only need to go once a day. She will be a TA at a nearby public school. We will try and have activities in the car, dvds, books, snacks,talks, books on tape, etc.......

Wish your son a happy b-day. My dd9's b-day was yesterday.

It is good planning to have activities for the car. We have started listening to audio books in the car. If it is a good book sometimes you do not want the ride to end. My dd and I have been known to sit in the car after we get home to finish a chapter (when it is not blazing hot outside). Snacks are also important especially after school. My dd is always thankful that I have a snack in the car when I pick her up. It is a great time to get them to eat fruits and vegetables if that is the only thing you bring. wink Of course it is not unusual for my girls to eat breakfast in the car on the way to school. Thank goodness they are both old enough to help clean out the car now.