Congrats on the scholarship! What a great thing to win! smile

We considered a 45 minute 1-way commute to a private GT school for this coming year, but chose homeschooling instead. The school we considered is really small--DS would be only the 7th child in a combined 2nd/3rd grade class, so REALLY small!--and we wanted more social contacts available if we were going to commit ALL that time and ALL that money to his schooling.

I think anything you do has to work for the whole family. If you love your work, then your child's school has to fit with that. How you make it fit is up to you, and there may be many ways to solve the problem. Using 2 minutes of brainstorming, here are a couple of things that I come up with...

Could you find a nearby library, bookstore or coffeeshop with Internet access and make that your office-away-from-home? Could you work out of the school in a quiet back room in exchange for donating some of your services? (Maybe then you could have lunch with your son every day as an added bonus. smile )

If your business is doing well, then maybe having some office space nearby works fine for you. But there may be cheaper ways than renting space if money is an object.

I don't know if that helps...Hope so! laugh

Kriston