Originally Posted by polarbear
Originally Posted by lollymum
Testing you can see this?

lollymum, I can see it! I am guessing you are on moderation for a short period of time simply because you're a new poster.

I didn't see your reply earlier that mentioned issues with comprehension. That might fit with the ups and downs you are seeing on the various subtests of the WISC. Definitely an issue with my dd who has a reading challenge - it's not that she can't comprehend deeply, but taking information in via written word doesn't work well for her - at all. If it's reading comprehension you're wondering about, have you tried looking into how your ds does with audiobooks? If it's something else, ignore that suggestion!

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - did your ds have any type of achievement testing along with the WISC, such as WIAT or WISC? If he did, were there a lot of highs and lows in the results? If so, it might help to look at the subtest scores grouped by the type of prompt (visual, reading, spoken) and type of response (written, oral), and was the subtest timed vs untimed. Sometimes patterns will pop out when you look at the subtests that way that will give you a clue re what's up.

Hi he also has trouble with hearing stories & watching films- he cannot tell you what happened!

He didnt have achievement testing done, but I think I may try to get these done.

Its so frustrating. As a pre-schooler he was like a genius. Now, he is bright but also appears delayed. However the wisc shows he has the potential but for some reason he is not achieving it